Effective Date: 09.09.2022
Current version is available at: https://sotaplus.me/legal/cookies/
1. What cookies are and why SOTA+ uses them
Cookies are small pieces of data containing proprietary information about your visit to a site that a server sends to your device. Cookies remember information about your preferences, allowing you to browse the sites you visit over a period of time in a way that is more convenient for you. For example, through cookies, the Services prompt you to view information in the language you normally use.
- help you stay logged in to the Services;
- Improve your experience with the Services;
- show you the information that is a priority for you;
- store your advertising preferences and secure search preferences;
- display ads that may be of interest to you;
- analyze statistics about your use of the Services.
Based on the data generated by cookies, SOTA+ develops the most useful functionality for the Services that you use, conducts statistical and marketing research, fixes errors in the Services and tests new features to improve the performance of the Services, personalizes them and displays the information that is most relevant to you.
2. What cookies does SOTA+ use
SOTA+ uses various types of cookies. The main purpose of their use is to make your experience with the Services convenient, maintain a high level of security in their operation, maintain audience counts, assist with payments, page conversions, and more. All SOTA+ cookies are of one of the following types:
- Technical cookies, which are necessary for the proper operation and full functionality of the Services.
- Analytical and marketing cookies that allow:
- recognize users, count their number, and collect information;
- identify your hardware or software;
- collect information about how you interact with the Services;
- ensure the relevance of advertising, increase the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Other cookies perform various service functions and make it easier to use SOTA+ websites and services. These cookies help you remember page status, select a region, and store personal preferences, such as customizable site elements like text size, fonts, and more.
SOTA+ may use web beacons (pixel tags) to access cookies previously placed on your device. Their use is necessary to analyze your activity when using the Services by accessing and using cookies stored on your device to collect statistics about the performance of the Services themselves or of SOTA+ products and utilities.
Google Analytics, the web analytics tool used by SOTA+, allows you to collect anonymized information about traffic sources, site traffic, and to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising. Google Analytics uses anonymous browser identifiers that are stored in cookies to count visitors. You can read more about Google Analytics cookies on https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-US.
Disabling certain types of cookies may result in the inability to use certain areas or features of the Services. For example, areas of the Services that require authorization are secured by technical cookies, and the Site may not function properly without them.
3. How long cookies are stored on your device
SOTA+ uses session cookies to make it easier for you to use the Services.
4. Managing cookies
SOTA+ does not require you to consent to the installation of cookies on your device when using the Services. If you do not want cookies to be stored on your device, deactivate this option in your browser settings. Stored cookies can also be deleted at any time in the system settings of your browser. You can change your browser settings to accept or reject by default all cookies or cookies from certain websites, including SOTA+ Services.
5. Who, other than SOTA+, has access to the information contained in cookies